You can upload videos to SPQetR and include them in your posts. Curiously, only the Quicktime .mov format seems to work here. Follow the guidelines below and your video should play without a hitch.
1. Set your editing view to HTML instead of Visual.
2. Select the “Add Video” icon (the second next to “Upload/Insert” above the editing text area.
3. Find your .mov file.
- The file must be no more that 100MB
- Make sure yoru file name contains only letters and numbers and avoids spaces (NO ACCENTS or SYMBOLS)
4. Once your video has uploaded, copy it URL for the next step.
5. In the body of your post, COPY the following code and PASTE it into the place where the video should appear. Substitute the two ___blank___ spaces below with the ULR of your uploaded video. The URL should look something like this :
Finally, replace the “__Title_of_Video___” with teh title of your video.
<table align="center"> <tbody> <tr> <td align="center"> <object width="400" height="40" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/ flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"> <PARAM NAME=autostart VALUE=false> <param name="SRC" value="____________"> <embed src="____________" width="640" height="496"></embed> </object> <a href="____________">__Title_of_Video___</a> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
Publish or update your post and test to ensure that the video playback works. Congratulations!
If you have any trouble, upload the .mov file to the media gallery, put a placeholder in your post and write to the site admin for assistance at Scribe(at)SPQetR.net